[TR] TR# trunnions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR# trunnions
From: Frank Fisher <yellowtr3@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 09:28:14 -0800 (PST)
my friend has completed=A0the restoration of his TR3. it looks soooo cool.
the trunnions came without the grease nipples installed. when i took a look =

at=A0it this weekend and tried to screw the new nipples in for the first ti=
me, the =

bottom=A0plate that the nipple screws into just turns in the trunnion. =

consequently you cant install the nipple.
my first thought was to take a small cold chisel and peen the trunnion to t=
ry =

and make=A0an interference. but i thought id ask=A0if any of you had suffer=
ed this =

and if anyone had alternate ways of dealing with it before i take the hamme=
r to =

it.
thanks
Frank=A0