Re: [TR] TR3 front wheel bearing adjustment

To: Angelo Graham <agraham@execulink.com>,triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 front wheel bearing adjustment
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 00:24:57 -0600
Won't hurt - you could at least push the pads away from the rotor a
bit so they aren't dragging.  That makes sure you can really feel any
play.  I always adjust the bearing before putting pads in the caliper
or reattaching the caliper to its bracket.

- Tony

At 08:45 PM 2/23/2011, Angelo Graham wrote:
>Hello List:
>A question on adjusting front wheel bearings. Should you remove the
>brake pads before adjusting the bearings? Working with other makes,
>it was often recommended to remove pads.
>Following the manual and the rest of the adjustment procedure makes sense.
>Thanks in advance.
>Angelo Graham

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html