[TR] TR3's, electric fans and fan shrouds

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3's, electric fans and fan shrouds
From: Frank Fisher <yellowtr3@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 13:03:47 -0800 (PST)
here in California's desert i suffer over heating during stop and go traffi=
c in =

the summer. driving has always been fine.
i have been running an old, unknown CFM, 10" electric fan.
i bought a nice big 14" spal 1720cfm electric fan. made a great mounting br=
acket =

on the old beat up radiator. but, whoops the fan is too fat in the middle (=
like =

me) and interferes with the tube that bolts across the strut towers. 3 3/8"=
 fan =

height Vs 3" tube to radiator distance. DOH!
so lots of questions:
has any one found a high volume 13" fan that fits? =

has anyone ever fabricated a shroud for their fan?
seems to me that shrouding off 50% of the radiator kinda kills the idea. i =
know =

all of the fan area's air=A0is forced thought the fan hole in the shroud at =

driving speed, but there is probably an empirical balance point between fre=
e =

area and shrouded area.
any one played with=A0this?
thanks