[TR] TR 7 exhaust system

Subject: [TR] TR 7 exhaust system
From: jhmdds at aol.com (jhmdds at aol.com)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 14:43:40 -0500

Last weekend I tried to get my 1980 TR7V8 inspected.  This car has been highly
modified.  The exhaust consists of headers on each side of the engine that flow
into separate downpipes, mufflers and exhaust pipes that exit in front of the
rear tires.  The guy at the inspection station said that if there were no
catalytic converters, it would not pass NC inspection.  Well of course there
aren't any so now I'm looking for small converters.

I have two questions: Did the 1980 TR7 have a catalytic converter as standard
equipment?  and Does anyone have a suggestion about small catalytic converters
for a very cramped space?

By the way the V8 is a Pontiac 400cc out of a Formula.

Thanks,

James Maddox