[TR] Wiper Motor Question

To: RedRiverTriumph@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: [TR] Wiper Motor Question
From: "G.D. Huggins" <guy@genfiniti.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 19:05:51 -0600
All,

I have recently rebuilt the Lucas DR3A wiper motor from the TR4A.
I am attempting to bench test and just cannot seem to get it working.
I am drawing heavily on this (http://www.mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/et217.htm)
web site for information.

I am using a AC to DC converter, which puts out 15 v, as the power source on
terminal 2.
I hook up the positive (+) to terminal 2, the negative  (-) to the "E" terminal.
This should create an attraction between the positively charged parts
(terminals, field coil, armature, brushes, commutator) and the negatively
charged housing.
When I add the third wire from terminal 1 to the "E", taking it to ground,
nothing happens.

Any ideas?  I suspect I am shorting somewhere, or the power source isn't strong
enough to make it run.

Cheers,

Guy D. Huggins
1965 Triumph TR4A