[TR] Tom O'Malley

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>, "Spitfires list" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [TR] Tom O'Malley
From: "LARRY C GRIFFIN" <lgriffinnc@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 00:38:26 -0500
Many of the old timers will remember Tom O'Malley who was very active on the
British Car and Spitfire lists until 2003. His Spitfire wiring diagrams are
listed on the Spitfire & GT6 Magazine web site. Tom had a wonderful sense of
humor and was an inspiration to other enthusiasts. I had the good fortune to
meet him around ten years ago after he invited me to stop by his house in
Southbridge, MA on the way to taking my daughter to college in Boston. I was
amazed at the quality of work, including welding and painting, he had done on
his Spitfire in a Harbor Freight portable garage! I only met Tom once, but he
was definitely one of the good guys and one of those people who seemed like a
life-long friend when you met him.

I am very sad to say that I just learned that Tom passed away after an illness
on March 9, 2008. His obituary can be found at
http://www.sansoucyfuneral.com/sitemaker/sites/Sansou1/obit.cgi?user=832_TOMalley102
 . I do not believe this has been posted to the listserves before, but I wanted
all to know of his passing.

-Larry Griffin

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html