Re: [TR] TR3A control head install question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A control head install question
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 21:32:16 EST
In a message dated 11/24/2010 6:51:55 PM Central Standard Time,
dwillner@ptd.net writes:
> What the best way to snake the a new control head's wires down thru the
> stator tube, seems just a bit tight. Instructions say to rotate counter
> clockwise while feeding it, will this work?
> Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving...

I just did this a few months ago.  I was able to just push it through.
First I removed the old one, blew any remaining crud out of the tube with
compressed air and fed it through.  I don't remember twisting the wires but
this
is a common technique to move past an obstruction.

I've successfully pushed wires through conduit but it doesn't always work.
In this case the technique is to push a pull lead through (sometimes falled
a fishtape), tie (tape, whatever) your wires to the end of the lead and
pull the wires through.

The trick is to make the attachment to the fish tape in such a manner that
the diameter is not bigger than the tube.

But give pushing it a try.  If it works it will save you some trouble.

Dave
Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47