Re: [TR] Carb vacuum advance

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Carb vacuum advance
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 08:12:44 -0800
> Has anyone cut a seven inch or so length of copper tube,
> installed it in the union, and then used a rubber hose to
> splice it to the rest of the copper tubing leading to the
> vacuum advance on the distributor?

I've done basically the same thing, except mine is close to the distributor.
Biggest problem is finding rubber tubing small enough to be a snug fit over
the tiny copper tubing, and also rated for vacuum.  I wound up having to
clamp it onto the copper with a few turns of safety wire, which kind of
negates the ease of putting it on and off.

-- Randall
Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47