Re: [TR] Tr3a starters

To: John Macartney <macartney.john@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [TR] Tr3a starters
From: kinderlehrer@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 22:18:15 +0000 (UTC)
One more caveat to Tom's response: the ring gearing is different on the early
vs late starter and the pinion gear has to match.B B You can't just flip the
ring gear, well you can, but it won't last long. Actually the whole flywheel
setup is different.B  I also went to the high speed starter - British Parts
Northwest had the best price at teh time as I recall. My bullet nose had been
rebuilt but I kept having issues with the rear bushing working loose, even
with loctite sleeve stuff.B  Still, I prefer the sound of the old starter.

Bob