Re: [TR] Fuel Pumps

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Fuel Pumps
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 09:56:48 -0700
> Someone posted a nice "emergency" spare concerning fuel pumps ...
> ISTR it was a FLAPS ??

FLAPS = Friendly Local Auto Parts Store (or perhaps Full Line Auto Parts
Store).

> I  can't seem to find one ... would you mind reposting that
> info ... Thanks.

I carry one of the little Facet pumps as an emergency spare; the proper low
pressure version so no regulator required.  You should be able to find one
(or a clone) at any store that caters to the VW crowd (although I suppose
those are getting harder to find).  Aircraft Spruce has about the best price
I've found on a new one.
http://tinyurl.com/3y9knu

Also some other items required : fittings for pump, length of 5/16" fuel
line, clamps, tie wraps, clip leads.  With those at hand, you can press the
pump into service in just a few minutes.  Although not recommended as a
long-term solution, the 5/16" line can be clamped onto the 1/4" fitting
found on most LBC carbs.

Randall

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html