Re: [TR] Lotus LBC?

To: <terryrs@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Lotus LBC?
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@notwires.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 20:28:23 -0500
> Someone mentioned to me this morning that they thought the Lotus was
> modeled after a LBC, but didn't know which one.
>
> ISTR reading something about the origin of the LBC body, but can't
> remember what it was.  Anybody?

Which Lotus are you referring to?  There were many over the years.  If you
are referring to the first car Colin Chapman built, I was always under the
impression that it was a highly modified Austin 7 (or "Baby Austin").  I
think subsequent cars up to the Mark V were based on the Austin 7 chassis
and running gear, but with different engines and new bodies.  The Mark VI
was the first with a space frame, I think.

Mike (who would like a Lotus, one day)

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47