Re: [TR] TR4 Tire Size and Commission Plate Questions

To: Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 Tire Size and Commission Plate Questions
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahneetr@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 17:08:21 -0700
>> Anyone know the correct size tires for a 1962 TR4 and a good source to
>> buy?

The last couple of sets I got came from these guys --

http://www.tires-easy.com/start.html

As already noted, you're probably looking for 165/80 15 for something
similar to original.

>> Also, anyone know of a  source to "re-stamp" my orig commission plate...

I stamped my own using the 1/8" set from Harbor Freight and a simple
jig made from a 2x4:

http://members.cybertrails.com/~ahwahnee/commission-stamp.JPG

Looked pretty good except for the '3' which differs slightly from the
original font.

Geo

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html