Re: [TR] 1976 TR6 - Electrical Connections to solenoid

To: Alex Cherington <a_flying_scotsman@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] 1976 TR6 - Electrical Connections to solenoid
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahneetr@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 15:51:52 -0700
On 6/6/10, Alex Cherington <a_flying_scotsman@yahoo.com> wrote:
> ...One spade terminal appears to be the feed from the ignition
> switch and I have reconnected that one...
>
> What do I need connected to the solenoid as a minimum to get it to turn over
> on the key? At the moment when I turn the key nothing happens.

Just in case it isn't... the solenoid must be fastened in place to
operate (or at the very least the mount needs to be grounded to the
body of the car).  If it is swingin' free or otherwise not grounded,
it will not work.

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47