[TR] Speedo at the gearbox

To: Truiumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Speedo at the gearbox
From: Bob Rochlin <r_rochlin@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 16:21:45 +0000
Steve and Tom,  Last year my speedo stopped working.  I could not for the life
of me figure out why the speedometer was not working. The speedometer end
worked alone and the overdrive end worked alone,bur when hooked together, no
joy.   After much time and energy I found that that the worm drive in the
angle drive that exits the overdrive was not engaging the drive gear in the
overdrive.  In my case it was due to the overdrive case being from an AH 3000
which in all other respects is the same as the A type O/D.  The cure for me
was to do a little grinding on the angle drive to allow me to position the
worm drive deep enough into the overdrive to securely engage the speedo gear
in the overdrive. Bob'72 TR6

The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with
Hotmail.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multiaccount&ocid=PID2832
6::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_4

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive