Re: [TR] TR3A Clutch Master Cylinder rebuild

To: John Wise <tr3a.60@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Clutch Master Cylinder rebuild
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahneetr@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 14:28:39 -0700
On 5/21/10, John Wise <tr3a.60@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Do I need to pull the entire master cylinder assembly
> or is it possible replace the seal with the cylinder in place???

I suppose a crafty person could get at it w/o removing it from the
bracket but I think the removal is simple enough that it isn't worth
the effort to try to do it in situ.

In case you're not aware, there is a metal plate on the firewall
behind the bracket that you remove from inside the car -- gives easy
access to the lower bolt that secures the master cylinder.  Also, I do
not remove the wiper motor and head, just unbolt the mount from the
body and rotate it out of the way (as I recall you have to loosen the
nut on the output of the drive head to get the thing to rotate that
way).

Geo

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html