Re: [TR] Brake Fluid

To: John Wise <tr3a.60@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Brake Fluid
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 17:43:37 +0000 (UTC)
DOT 5 silicone does not damage paint that is already on your car.

Body-shop people don't like silicone products around their shops because it
causes fisheyes in paint which they apply to other cars.  Or so they tell me.
Apparently there is an additive for paint that helps out with this problem.

Several folks have pointed out that silicone takes on air bubbles easily.

I'm going to find out how silicone works in a system when it is used after a
complete brake rebuild, as Joe Pawlak tells me that's what is in uncle jack.

Just draining out what you have and replacing it with silicone does not work
very well.

1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UB "uncle jack"
1979 Caterham Super Seven
2004 Suburban 8.1
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier
http://www.triumphtransamerica.org
http://www.mnautox.com

----- "John Wise" <tr3a.60@gmail.com> wrote:

> From: "John Wise" <tr3a.60@gmail.com>
>
> Which brake fluid does not damage the paint??
>
> Thanks
>
> John
>
> John A. Wise
> Glendale, AZ