[TR] setting TR6 carb mixture with a CO exhaust gas tester

To: "Triumphs Digest" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] setting TR6 carb mixture with a CO exhaust gas tester
From: "Brian Lanoway" <blanoway@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 11:06:47 -0500
Im about to try to set the mixture on my 1973 TR6 ZS carbs with an exhaust
gas analyzer that measures %CO.  The emission data plate for 1973 recommends
between 0.5 and 2.5% CO.  The emission gear has long ago been stripped from
my engine, so Im aiming for an optimum performance mixture rather than an
emissions setting.  Considering this, does anyone on the list have any
advice on the %CO reading I should aim for when setting the main jet mixture
on my carbs at idle - or any other general comments and/or advice when it
comes to using an exhaust gas analyzer?

I have a split Ansa exhaust system all the way back from the carbs so I
should be able to measure and then set the mixture of each carb
individually.

Thanks much in advance,

Brian Lanoway
1973 TR6