Re: [TR] TR4 - Floats for Stromberg CD175

To: "'Triumphs'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 - Floats for Stromberg CD175
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 11:53:28 -0700
My information is that there is a later float that will replace both the
CD-175 and the later CDSE-175 and CDSE2-175 floats.  My guess is, that's
what Moss is supplying.  Oddly enough, TRF only lists the float under a
Zenith number (ZEB19470) which they do not have cross-referenced to any of
the Stanpart numbers I found (512310, 516977, 519406).  But I think there is
an excellent chance that ZEB19470 will fit the CD-175 carbs, plus perhaps
the CD-150 used on some GT6 & later Vitesse.

> Is my sometimes faulty memory correct that this is a new development?
> or old news?

Well, relatively new for Moss anyway.  Their 2000 catalog showed it NLA.
But it was listed as available in a 2004 Revington catalog, so I guess they
weren't exactly unobtanium.

> Also -- is item 100 on that same page the paper filter some use in
> place of the oiled-wire original filter?

That's what I'm using, but it hits on the inner fender for a TR3/A.  How
much appears to vary by car, as it's much worse on my TR3 than on the TR3A.
If it was a show car, I wouldn't use it.

ISTR the round TR4 filters (item 98) didn't hit as badly; but they were
either NLA or I wasn't willing to pay the price, last time I stocked up on
air filters.  And of course for a TR3 you need to stop up the emissions
fitting on the face.

Randall

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html