Re: [TR] headlight trim rings TR3

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] headlight trim rings TR3
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 20:52:11 -0800
> Am I trying to fit two mis-matched types?

Sounds like it to me, Bill, but I've only seen the split rims in the books.
Your commission number indicates you should have the later clip-on rings.

Look at the top of the buckets, to either side of center.  You should see
there the lips that the ring fits over.  I believe (not certain), that the
'split' buckets should have similar lips near the bottom (again on either
side).

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net