Re: [TR] boot/bonett hinges

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] boot/bonett hinges
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 11:20:32 -0800
Left and right are not too hard to tell : If you look at the space below the
hinge pin on each side, I think you'll see that one side is longer than the
other.  The long side always goes to the outside of the car.  Getting this
wrong is a sure way to break the hinges!

There is supposed to be a difference in stud location between boot & bonnet
hinges, but I don't recall for sure which one is which offhand.  Only one of
the smaller studs is different; if memory serves the small stud near the
hinge pin is farther away from the pin on the bonnet hinges.

Some of the boot hinges also have a round brass rivet sticking up that
serves as a stop; but I've seen lots of repro boot hinges without it, and
even some bonnet hinges with it.

-- Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net