Re: [TR] Libra, was Brit Money Definition

To: <jimmuller@rcn.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Libra, was Brit Money Definition
From: "David Brister" <david.brister@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 18:47:55 +0100
I believe I remember from Latin at school that lb is an abbreviation of the
Roman word Libra which was a measure of weight, no idea how much!

We could get into bushels, pecks, rod pole or perch, imperial gallons,
gills, or perhaps cables and furlongs but Heaven forbid that we should get
so off message on a Triumph list!

YMMV

David Brister
1967 TR4A