[TR] Prop shaft removal technique?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Prop shaft removal technique?
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 14:53:58 -0400
I've got a toasted universal joint in my TR6's driveline. The squealing
and then rumbling seems several times faster than wheel speed, so I
assume it is in the prop shaft.

It's been too long since last I did this job. What is the simplest way
to get the prop shaft off the TR-6? Does it make it out the top; the
bottom? Can I avoid dismounting the differential, the exhaust? I vaguely
seem to recall having tried to get it out once without removing anything
else and having failed miserably.

Cheers,

Mark Hooper
1972 TR6