[TR] Wire wheels

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Wire wheels
From: "Andrew Uprichard" <auprichard@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 17:05:02 -0400

About 6 months ago a friend bought a grubby E-type jaguar with wire wheels.
I went to see him today - he has now got the car going and we went for a
drive.  The amazing thing was the wheels look like they were re-chromed -
just beautiful.

Turns out he filled his portable sandblaster with baking soda and simply
blasted them clean.  Honestly - these wheels were beautiful.  Made me think
I should give it a shot with my ageing wire wheels.

But before I do, has anyone ever heard of this ?

Andrew Uprichard

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net