[TR] TR3A Seat Rails

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3A Seat Rails
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 23:47:09 +0000 (UTC)
--===============0596641786==

------=_Part_378811_212209815.1236988029923

When I rebuilt the car, I sourced two pair of used seat rails that had alre=
ady been painted, installed them, and have driven on them for several years=
 now.=C2=A0 Pulling up the seats and carpet this winter (oh, a garage!), I =
found they were already filming with rust.=20

I've removed them, electric bench-brushed them, and have painted them again=
, this time with POR-15.=C2=A0=20

Question:=C2=A0 what's the thought about taking a piece of bicycle inner tu=
be and separating the seat rail from the floor pan.=C2=A0 The POR-15 ought =
to do it for the rails, but I haven't thus treated the floor pans.=20

Terry Smith, '59 Tr3A=20

New Hampshire
------=_Part_378811_212209815.1236988029923

style='font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000'><P>When I rebuilt
the car, I sourced two pair of used seat rails that had already been painted,
installed them, and have driven on them for several years now.&nbsp; Pulling up
the seats and carpet this winter (oh, a garage!), I found they were already
filming with rust.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>I've removed them, electric bench-brushed them, and have painted them again,
this time with POR-15.&nbsp; </P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Question:&nbsp; what's the thought about taking a piece of bicycle inner
tube and separating the seat rail from the floor pan.&nbsp; The POR-15 ought to
do it for the rails, but I haven't thus treated the floor pans.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Terry Smith, '59 Tr3A</P>

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net