Re: [TR] Triumph Show - WAS: UK soft top supplier

To: "Bill Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: [TR] Triumph Show - WAS: UK soft top supplier
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 11:35:48 -0000
> That really doesn't match our experience of the day. We've traded at this
> show for the past eight years, business yesterday was very healthy, with our
> takings up 10% on the same show last year. Other traders I spoke to at the
> end of the day suggested they'd seen the same pattern.

Well, Bill - I'm delighted for you (and all the others) who did well! Obviously
I must have been in
the wrong place at the right time to have missed seeing everyone walking away
with what they'd
bought. One guy left a complete set of engine rebuild gaskets in the charity
Spitfire, so I conclude
he decided he didn't want them

Cheers, john

http://www.vtr.org