[TR] Welcome secondary effects

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Welcome secondary effects
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 20:05:56 -0400
As I was leaning against a front tire and contemplating which bell
housing bolt to put in next, I noticed a curious bright spot of shiny
metal against the black of the tire tread.  A few seconds of digging
with needlenose pliers revealed a 3/4" long nail, sans head, worn
away no doubt against the road surface, embedded in a high spot of
the tread.  No air escapes through the hole left behind when I
removed it but I shall pay it close attention.

Perhaps all the labor of pulling and disassembling and re-installing
the GT6 gearbox was just Providence's way of getting me to notice the
tire.  A damned roundabout way of doing so but nevertheless I am
grateful.  One shouldn't overlook these small favors.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com

http://www.vtr.org