Re: [TR] no fire in the hole-'71 tr6

To: "'Bryan Loy'" <paradise.712002@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] no fire in the hole-'71 tr6
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 15:46:49 -0800
> Consider me electronically challenged please,
> where do I start to look after checking for corrosion on the
> fuses?  Coil?

Depends on the kind of ignition you have.  But I would look for power to the
electronic module first.  If it gets it's power from the coil terminal, then
that's the place.  Also check it's ground.  If it's grounded to the plate
inside the distributor (Pertronix), check the ground wire for the plate.

If it's an optical system (Crane), I would also check the shutter for
spider's nests.

If everything else seems good, it might be worth checking for spark directly
at the top of the coil.  There was a rash of bad rotors a few years back,
that would ground the spark to the distributor shaft.

BTW, a stock TR6 has no fuse in the line to the coil.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net