[TR] Success! How's quickly it starts!

To: <dave_reply@getdave.com>, "list Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Success! How's quickly it starts!
From: "dorpaul" <dorpaul@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 22:49:06 -0500
List!
I had great success hooking up the Positive Ground Pertronix Electronic
Ignition.  Special thanks to Phil Eithier for scanning his instructions and
displaying them on Flickr. Thanks also to the unit's original owner, who is
also on this list.

Of course, my TR3 itself is very slow to jump alive.  This is mainly due to
me.  I'm having fun at it though; and that's what matters, right?  In fact, if
I compare rebuilding my TR to building a house..., then I've had success
wiring up a light switch!  How disheartening.

 But, I want to ask something about the engine:  What is it about this engine
that enables it to jump alive that quick?  I doubt a modern engine could beat
it; why is this?

 My rebuilt TR4 engine was professionally rebuilt and I continue to be
impressed at how quickly it jumps alive.  I suppose 50-70 lbs. of oil pressure
(using Valvoline 20W-50) is a good thing.  I'm happy!

Thanks, Paul Dorsey  60 TR3

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net