Re: [TR] Unusual or odd? overdrive script emblem

To: CarlSereda@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Unusual or odd? overdrive script emblem
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 22:25:26 EST
In a message dated 2/22/2009 7:22:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
carlsereda@aol.com writes:

Do you  think that the chrome Overdrive badge in 'script lettering' is
original
to  this 1950 Vanguard Sportsman we're looking at? Previously I thought it
was
a Spitfire badge. But it wouldn't be the first time I've seen a proud  owner
use this particular badge on a car other than a  Spitfire..
==AM==
Yes, it's probably original. Oh, and good eye on your part. It is the same
part number (603906) as the one found on Spitfires (and the odd Vitesse or
Sport  6). And yes, I do happen to have a Standard Vanguard Sportsman Spare
Parts
Catalogue! :-) (Just need the car to go with it....)

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.
--  Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22)

Triumph 10 /  Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: _http://www.vtr.org_ (http://www.vtr.org/)

Check out the North  American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: _http://triumph-herald.us_ (http://triumph-herald.us/)

**************You can't always choose whom you love, but you can choose how
to find them. Start with AOL Personals.

http://www.vtr.org