Re: [TR] TR3/TR4 cooling

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3/TR4 cooling
From: staffel@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 07:26:06 +0000 (UTC)
Richard: During restoration, removed my TR4 metal fan & hub extension,
installed puller elec fan, temp probe sensor and manual override switches. Even
on 99^ day, do not have to put on elec fan until 4.5 mins has passed at stop
light. Fan not whirling all the time means less dust,leaves, debree enters
engine bay. Still have original radiator (same as TR3), Be sure to add
'Harmonic balancer- same bolt as a Ford 351 I think it was. In early years
(1969-1972) drove TR4 from Okla to Albq/Taos often- and never had cooling
problems.
Sherman D Taffel
Columbia MD
http://home.comcast.net/~staffel/TR4restoration.html