Re: [TR] [6pack] Still more on tires (Geo Hahn effect)

To: acekraut11@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TR] [6pack] Still more on tires (Geo Hahn effect)
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 19:32:15 -0700
acekraut11@aol.com wrote:

>I actually compiled a survey awhile back on what people were using for tires.
>Then a couple years later I tried to coerce another survey from the list but
>this time I received very few responses...

Few people responded on-list last time because of the Geo Hahn effect.
If list member Geo buys a brand of tires in a particular size -- usually
165R15 -- they are immediately discontinued. This has happened with too
many good brands, causing a crisis for Triumph and classic VW owners
alike. (All I'm saying is if you like Kumho Power Stars, buy a spare set
now.) Anyway, as a result few list members mention tire brands on
triumphs@autox.team.net, though you can find a good discussion of tire
alternatives at triumphs-except-geo-hahn@autox.team.net.

Steven Newell
'62 TR4 with xxxxxx brand tires, soon to be replaced with xxxxxxxxxxx's

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net