[TR] Aluminum valve cover

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Aluminum valve cover
From: FordneyNJ@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 14:11:24 EST
Message: 5
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 00:45:54 -0500
From: "Dave  Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Subject: [TR] Trouble finding new studs  for my Aluminum Valve Cove
To: "Triumphs"  <triumphs@autox.team.net>

Hi List,
I bought a really nice  aluminum "TriumphTune" valve cover for my TR4A which
is nice but I need to  find longer studs to mount the thing. The thread on
the "head" end is 5/16-18  NC thread and the thread on the "valve cover" end
is 5/16-24 NF thread. From  the rough measurement I took tonight, I think a
length of 4-1/2" would allow  for a rubber washer, a flat washer, and a nyloc
nut if I use a standard cork  valve cover gasket. I did a brief search in
McMaster-Carr with no luck. Does  anybody know of a place to buy 2 of these?
Thanks,
Dave Connitt
'67  TR4A IRS
_http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a_ (http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a)

Dave,

On my 4-A, I used a 5/16-18 X 4-1/2 hanger bolt and then was able to use a
coarse thread nylock. You could also go with  wing nut if you prefer.

Rodney Ford,  Brick, NJ
President, Positive Earth Drivers Club
TR4A IRS CTC 06536  L
TR7 Spider TPVDJ8AA400612