Re: [TR] great drives

To: achd73@yahoo.com, atwittsend@verizon.net, tigers@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [TR] great drives
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 13:50:48 -0800
> Where is this road?  Maybe I will check it out.

I'm not absolutely certain (it was snowing and I was in a hurry to get down
out of it), but looking at Google, I think it was state road 16A (which
Google also has marked as US 16), going south from the east side of the Mt
Rushmore park down towards Custer state park.

BTW if you continue west on US 16 into Wyoming, it also goes through Ten
Sleep canyon, which isn't particularly twisty but is quite impressive,
http://www.takemytrip.com/images/448_1280_DSC04996.jpg
and Thermopolis, which supposedly has the largest hot springs in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39PX3DRRxrQ
You can even bathe in the (cooled) waters from the hot springs for free at
the state-run bathhouse, if you're so inclined.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net