Re: [TR] Triumph on TV

To: brian@rickernet.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Triumph on TV
From: Andrew Mace <zoboherald@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 12:55:47 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Ricker <brian@rickernet.net>

My first car was what I was told at the time was a 1973.5 MGB. It had
rubber bumpers and dual carbs (which the later 1974s did not have). Now I
may have all of this wrong as it was over 20 years ago. Life On Mars is set
in the late summer of 1973 so I suppose it is possible that an early 1974
car could be on the streets.

==AM==
I also could be wrong, but I think it was the 1974 model year where there was a
"split":
early cars had rubber "block" overriders, such as in this photo:

<http://www.sandiegomgclub.org/members_cars/MGB/MGB_High_rez/1974%20MGB%20-%20Bob%20Ekstrand.JPG>

while the later 1974s and subsequent cars had the full rubber facias, such as
<http://www.birminghambmc.org/janetnewman.html>

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net