[TR] Steering box disassembly

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Steering box disassembly
From: "Ed Oot" <eoot@citlink.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 14:59:39 -0500
All

I have successfully disassembled my steering box with one exception. I cannot
seem to get the upper bearing race out. I could sure use a hint or suggestion.
I can catch underneath with a screw driver, but prying has not dislodged it.

Somewhat surprisingly, the rocker shaft peg did not appear to be worn. The
metal was a bit shiny at the wear point, but definitely no flat sides.

Any other inspection tips on the components are appreciated.
Thanks
Ed

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net