Re: [TR] Tire/Tube Q.

To: GHaynesTR4@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TR] Tire/Tube Q.
From: thenicholls@verizon.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 18:25:04 -0600 (CST)
Jeremiah,

I would second this opinion from George.  When I replaced my old tires
from the orignal owner with radials, I was advised by the tire shop
(they do lots of referrals from local British shops) that it was
necessary to keep the tubes.  I did not get a special radial "tube" but
I would advise you to go ahead and replace all four tubes with new ones.

I opted to not do that and ended up with a flat, it leaked at the valve.

Just one more opinion.

Craig H. Nicholls
Vienna, VA
1972 Triumph TR6

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at  7:20 PM, GHaynesTR4@aol.com wrote:

> Jeremiah,
If the original steel wheels on your TR3 are not of the Safety type (and
they
probably are not) then you SHOULD use inner tubes in the tires, and they
should be tubes designed for radial tires.B B  It is possible to get along
without
them but make sure correct tire pressures are maintained.B B  If pressures
get
low and you are cornering hard, the tire can come loose from the rim
very
suddenly, with nasty results.B B  Safety rims have ridges to help keep air
in and
tires on.B B  It's peace of mind knowing the air isn't gonna get out when
cornering
hard.
George Haynes

**************
New year...new news.B  Be the first to know what is
making headlines. (http://www.aol.com/?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000026
<http://www.aol.com/?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000026> B
<http://www.aol.com/?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000026> )
http://www.vtr.org <http://www.vtr.org> B  <http://www.vtr.org>