Re: [TR] Spitfire-dragging disc caliper

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Spitfire-dragging disc caliper
From: <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 14:59:33 -0400 (EDT)
Tim Gaines pondered:
>I am wondering if there is any scenario with air in the line
> that would cause one side to stick but not the other.

That's hard to imagine if your lines are clear, seeing as how the two sides are
connected directly together and seeing as how pressure is uniformly distributed
throughout a fluif (if you ignore the fact that non-zero fluif density gives a
very tiny change in pressure with height).  On the other hand, you might have a
bit of debris in one of the lines which manages to act as a valve by lodging
into a narrow spot in the line.  Usually though, AFAIK, that sort of thing is
due to deterioration of the inside of a flexible hose.  Hard to imagine debris
in a solid line behaving so consistently.
--
Jim Muller

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net