[TR] TR3 Seat Upholstery

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3 Seat Upholstery
From: "Bill Beecher" <bill_beecher@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 13:51:49 -0600
Hello List,

I took my seats to an auto upholstery guy to have the TRF covers properly
attached (with tacks!) today.  I carried copies of the pages from Roger
William's book, Ch 16, that shows how to do it.

The comment/question is this:  The book calls for wrapping the padding 2"
over the top of the back, thus creating a lump across the top of the back of
the seats.  It seems to me this would be a little unsightly, but is this the
correct way to upholster a TR3 seat?

Anyone with a good picture of this process and how the finished cover looks?
This PO just had a nice piece of foam on the back trimmed and tapered to fit
perfectly inside of the perimeter.

Bill B
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L
'59 TR-3A TS/64974 LO