[TR] Keeping cool - the end

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Keeping cool - the end
From: Adrian Jones <adrianjones747@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 18:21:04 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
OK folks,

Thanks for all the responses.  Just think, I've been roasting all these years
thinking I'm doing the engine some good by keeping that tap open when in
reality it may have been hurting things.  Ah well, at least I have been spared
making up some half-assed plumbing job that would probably leak all over the
place.  Ha!  Thanks Randall also for the link to McMasters - wow they have
everything!

The plan now is to close the tap but open it up now and again just to keep the
(now hated) core happy.  I've already added one of those bottles of stuff that
lubricates the water pump - I think the bottle said it also inhibits rust.
Maybe that'll help keep the core in good condition.
I'll also invest in one of those skirted thermostats and make sure the bypass
hose is not plugged.

I've installed a "yellow" plastic fan (runs backwards but apparently not much
loss in cooling effect) and insatlled a "pusher" electric fan that I turn on in
traffic.  So hopefully I'll not need the extra cooling from the core.  We'll
see!

Cheers from North Carolina
Adrian  TS 58324

http://www.vtr.org