[TR] Spare Supercharger

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "TR list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Spare Supercharger
From: "Tony Gordon" <triumph@2simpleusa.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 22:38:52 -0400
I am in the process of supercharging my TR6 (following Rick Patton's
excellently described footsteps ...see
http://www.topshamautoparts.com/tr6/schrgr3.htm for more info).  I have now
found an Mercedes M62 blower (complete with the electric clutch!), and so have
an M45 Mercedes blower from a C230 sitting in my shop that is not needed.
This is a short nosed system, and is a little more compact than the C230 M62.
It is in good shape ... if anyone is interested in supercharging as per Rick's
approach, this unit would work well once you relocate the alternator.

Before I do anything else with this unit, I wanted to at least post a note to
listers in case their is anyone looking to the question looking for suitable
unit for a Triumph (given the length limitations that affect the Triumph owner
wanting to supercharge their cars).

Please contact me off list if you want photos, dimensions, etc.

Tony Gordon
72 TR6

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net