Re: [TR] TR3 rear seat installation

To: "Kevin Thompson" <kthompson@whoi.edu>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 rear seat installation
From: "Alex" <ambritts@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 17:17:58 -0400
HI Kevin,
Not a big deal depending on your year. If you are putting it in a post 60000
(flat deck) pretty easy, just drop it in. If pre 60000 you have to consider
a few things. I am not sure where the break (vin #) occurs but the seat
design is different. Actually for a total of 3 different designs. The pre
60000 has 2 different designs and 2 different brackets that get attached
differently. One incorporates the rear deck panel and one does not. If you
need diagrams of the 3 different designs I can get them to you. I got mine
from Joe Laurito. Have to agree with George on the seat belts unless you are
using them for the front seat passengers. I have installed a 3 pt seat belt
system. My TR3 belts are the same as my 72 TR6 and mounted the same way. I
got the belts via ebay. Mounting kits, (exact as the TR6) were purchased
from Triumph Rescue in Bally, PA. Same mounting positions as a TR6.
Alex Manzo
72 TR6
59 TR3A