Re: [TR] P/N 102801

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] P/N 102801
From: Barry Schwartz <v6spitfireguy@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 05:11:15
Randall,
The Spitfire changed to these type of thrust washers in the later 70's.
While they don't break or fall apart, I found that they do tend to get
compressed slightly (or wear more) giving a tiny bit more of clearance over
time making for a rattly spider gear assy.  I try not to use them if I have
the bronze ones available.  In fact I'll use good bronze ones over the
"phenolic" type if I have a choice - The bronze ones keep the spiders gears
nice and tight over the life of the unit -