Re: [TR] Fuel Guage and Speedometer for TR3A

To: "'Eric Bartleson'" <ebartle@hbci.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Fuel Guage and Speedometer for TR3A
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 13:52:26 -0700
>    I need to find a source for a new or rebuilt fuel guage
> and and speedometer for my TR3A with overdrive.  Any suggestions?

Find cheap cores on eBay and have them rebuilt for you.  Mo-Ma in
Albuquerque is the best, but last I heard they were way backlogged.  So if
you are in a hurry, best to go to one of the other services, eg :

North Hollywood Speedometer & Clock Co.
6111 Lankershim Blvd.
North Hollywood, CA 91606
Phone 818-761-5136
Fax 818-761-4857
http://www.nhspeedometer.com/

BTW, having OD does not affect which speedometer you need, unless your car
also has the very rare 4.1 rear axle.  Which is a good thing, since the 4.1
speedos are correspondingly rare (I have the only one I've ever seen).

Also, best to discuss prices before you send them something, so no nasty
surprises later.  A quality rebuild is not cheap.

Randall
59 TR3A TS39781LO (now totaled :(
56 TR3  TS13571L next project
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild