Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 2, Issue 259

To: <emanteno@comcast.net>, "'David Ljung Madison'"
Subject: Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 2, Issue 259
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 14:22:31 -0700
> In fact with the locking collar and dust
> cap in place, I was able to pull the 2 pieces of the
> driveshaft apart. If the forces of driving extend the
> driveshaft past "fully extended" in the car,

Aha, thanks for the clear explanation, Irv.  I hadn't been paying a lot of
attention, but the complaint didn't make sense to me.

There's nothing but a cork (?) seal inside the original driveshaft, to keep
the yoke from slipping off the shaft.  It was never intended as a stop, only
as a dust seal.  Sounds like one alternative to building a solid shaft would
be to replace that seal with a steel spacer.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net