[TR] Changing TR3 Rear Leaf Springs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Changing TR3 Rear Leaf Springs
From: William Brewer <wsb1960tr3a@att.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 16:14:58 -0700 (PDT)
     So I was in my TR3 pulling away from a stop sign when I heard something
like four shot gun blasts in rapid succession and the left rear corner of the
car dropped several inches. I got out and found that 4 leaves on the springs
had broken at the leading edge of the lowest short spring leaf. I was fortunate
to have not been doing one of my land speed record runs...
     Has anyone done a write-up on how to change out the leaf springs? I did a
write-up years ago on how to change out floor pans.
     Unless you want to drill a hole in the body just aft of the doors, is it
possible to change them out without lifting the body off of the frame?
     If you want to jack up the car body off of the frame, leaving the forward
most mounting bolts loose as pivots, what do you need to connect first? Any
idea how long this all takes?
     TIA,

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA