[TR] More on the yellow plugs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] More on the yellow plugs
From: Adrian Jones <adrianjones747@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 21:32:28 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
The plot thickens.
Plugs 1 and 2 are OK.  They have brown deposit after a run or after idling.
Colourtune shows a blue flame
at idle.
Plugs 3 and 4 have yellow deposit (not tan) after a run.  Colourtune tune shows
yellow flame at idle and plugs become sooty.
So, cylinders 3 and 4 are rich at idle but lean when cruising.  This doesn't
make sense to me.
I checked for air leaks at carb/manifold and manifold/block but everything is
fine.  Also, no cracks in manifold.
I can't see how the ignition could cause this.  Re-checked valve clearances and
everything OK.  Disassembled carbs - everything appears OK.  All I can think of
is maybe the water ways are blocked around 3 and 4, causing localised
overheating, or is that too stupid.

Adrian, driving a Toyota in sunny NC

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net