Re: [TR] TR6 Seat Rebuild

To: tomislav.marincic@earthlink.net, cole.jw@comcast.net, "triumphs
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Seat Rebuild
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 14:25:59 +0000
I actually had pretty good results rebuilding the seats on my '59 TR3A by
cutting out the springs that had rusted through and lacing in fresh springs
haravested from an old mattress.  Cleaned the springs with Simple Green, soaked
them in Phosphoric Acid, rinsed well, and painted with POR 15.  The rebuilt
springs look original, will last forever, compared to the original ones, and
ride as firm or soft as you want depending on the stiffness of the springs you
add.  Top layered everything with ample felt and high density foam, then
installed an upholstery kit from TRF.  The hardest part of the whole thing had
nothing to do with the seats themselves, but rather manufacturing the curved
strips of wood to replace the ones that had rotted off the frames.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A (TS 58667)
New Hamsphire
From: "Tomislav Marincic" <tomislav.marincic@earthlink.net>

http://www.vtr.org