[TR] Brake pipe touching headers

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Brake pipe touching headers
From: "William C. Quincy" <wquincy@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 14:37:41 -0600
Greetings Listers,

I have added stainless steel headers to my TR3A and new brake pipes.
With the bending tool I have to use,  I have a brake pipe in direct
contact with the headers (where it attaches to the front union).  I'm
sure this condition is not safe.
  I've been told that 1/2 inch clearance  will be OK but, I'm not
very comfortable with that. I'm thinking about moving the union
straight up with  3/4 inch spacer for starters.
I'd be interested in the list's opinions and experience.

Bill Quincy
Wichita, Ks.
TR3A TS69623L

http://www.vtr.org