[TR] seperating the control head and wires?

To: "list Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] seperating the control head and wires?
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 18:43:54 -0500
After a couple of hours MORE nudging the control head and stator tube they DID
come out of the steering column: so far, so good.  Now I've got to take the
control head (and wiring?) off and out of the stator tube.  The manual seems
to say that seperating these are as easy as pie.  "These components are a
slide fit just below the control head".  How does one seperate the head from
the tube???
    After 10 minutes, I gave up trying!   It must have been the darknessesses
fault.  The reason I wish to withdraw it is so that I can wrap the wires with
a small amount of electrical tape protruding from the stator tube and near the
steering box.  However, now the blinkers and horn seem to work just fine!  Is
this another corrollary of the Paul Principle?  THAT AFTER SPENDING 8 HOURS
TRYING TO FIX SOMETHING, IT STARTS WORKING AGAIN!

Thanks Doug, string has been used to enable me to pull the wiring back thru
the tube when it goes back togather!  good idea

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net