Re: [TR] [6pack] Sway Bar Custom Mounts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] [6pack] Sway Bar Custom Mounts
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 12:07:24 EST
In a message dated 12/8/2007 9:28:56 AM Central Standard Time,
tswhitez123@hotmail.com writes:
> The sway bar increases spring rate as it is compressed.   If it is not
> mounted
> straight up and down the rate of the bar will be diminished.

The rate will be a cosine function of the angle which means that if the angle
is off by 30 degrees you still have 83% of the original rate.  I wouldn't
worry about a few degrees more or less unless you are an F1 race team.

Dave

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net